Thursday, April 12, 2007

class yesterday

I really feel that we had a good discussion yesterday. but i really feel that the same 5 people always talk, i would like to hear from people who dont talk that much.
I personally liked the work of Tim White. I think that his pictures are great. In photography i dont really think that their always has to have some deep meaning to a photograph. Why cant we take pictures that are just what they are? Last semister thats what i had a piff about with my classes. I wanted to take nice postcard pictures that are "what you see is what you get" type photograph.there isnt any hidden deep meaning. its just a picture of a beautiful sunset. This is a picture i took in the adirondack mts. this past summer. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Whites pictures are celebrity pictures. Pictures of famous people. I'm fine with that. I do agree with the statement about some of his pictures being compared to senior pictures. But i also agree with the fact that because his work is so straight foward there cant be much to say about the
"art theory" aspect of his pictuers.

No comments: